Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fashion advice from a 3 year old and other rambling thoughts


It is odd to think that Ayr was once a wonderful beach resort in its day!  We do have a beach, but after living 10 years on the Miracle Strip in Florida, this is not a beach I can get excited about!  However, it is nice to go for a walk on the beach or just to park and watch Mother Nature when she is in a bad mood!  For some reason, this year we have had loads of high winds and damaging storms.  It is amazing to sit and watch the huge waves, until it is either too scary or the road is closed!

Ayr does offer some interesting events to attract people to visit.  One I was looking forward to was the ploughing contest!  I have been to two horse ploughing contests and they were beautiful and fun to watch.  The horses are what I have always considered Budweiser Clydesdales!  Where I grew up, these were not common sights, only when Budweiser was doing something special. Or you could go visit them at their stables in the brewery in St. Louis.

There is a clue though in why I did not get the experience I expected.  This was a "ploughing contest"  nowhere did it say horse ploughing!

This is what I expected to see, but I must have missed the demonstration of this one team.  There are usually fields and fields of these on a horse ploughing contest day.


This is what actually was going on - antique tractors ploughing.  And it looked like a deadly serious challenge between farmers. Certainly not set up for tourists.  Alan and I didn't stay long.

My first Spring flower, wish I could remember what I planted last year!


A nice treat before I left for work!

 

Corbyn was really excited about his new shoes and really wanted this track suit to go with it.  Who could resist? He was also desparate for a football to go with the outfit.....I didn't get the connection until the next morning. Corbyn says this is his football training outfit and he needs that football!

While I was getting ready for work this same morning, I told Corbyn we needed to go downstairs to get my jeans. He offered to help me and located a pair of trousers for me to wear instead. I told him they would not match.  He responded by saying "Look in the mirror"  so I did and it looked fine.  Is he a budding new fashion advisor or does he just have a very stylish mother who has influenced his good taste


Good times with Grandma Simmons before bed, in his toasty pyjamas.


Corbyn and his grandfather playing with the Thomas train set.  They built those little sheds in the background. 


Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment