Thursday, March 1, 2012

Conference

View from my hotel room


Here I am in Glasgow, with the chance to sleep a bit later yet up at 6am.  Every year Citizens Advice Service has a conference and I have been privileged to attend every one since starting with CAB!  In addition to spending quality time with the people I work with every week, I also get to catch up with the small number of people who actually do my job all over Scotland.  Our job is a lonely role since there is usually only one person in each health board doing this.  So the few times a year we get together is great!

All the Ayrshire delegates, both North and East Ayrshire!



We had a great time at the dinner/dance last night.  It is usually just ok, with good food and a disco. But last night, it was a ceilidh! And for the first time in years, I was able to dance virtually every dance!  (One of the many benefits of going to Weightwatchers!)  The only thing that held me back was lack of partners! 

After the dance, we ended up in our hotel bar until the very wee hours of the morning, so there is no excuse for me to be so awake at 6am!



I will have to look up this band's name, they were really good!


Reflections on the River Clyde while walking back to the Campanile Hotel



Our dinner/dance was at the Crown Royal right on the River Clyde.  It was a lovely night and Christine and I walked back to our hotel along the river.  I am certain Alan would have gotten better photos, but I enjoyed trying!

Drink, and dance and laugh and lie,
Love the reeling midnight through,
For tomorrow we shall die!
(But, alas, we never do.)
~Dorothy Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment