Monday, June 25, 2012

I love a parade!

Our last full day in Fort Walton Beach was even more relaxed than the one I just wrote about!  Alan and I started the day, once again, at the beach.  I realized we had done very little on our own, so I decided to go with him on the pier rather than go on my own to the beach.  Am I glad I did too!  This was the best sealife viewing that I have ever seen on any pier!  How lucky were we? First, almost immediately, we spotted a black tip reef shark, too close to the shore for my liking. Then at the end of the pier was a pod of dolphins and the water was so clear I could see them almost as well as if we were in Sea World!  What a stroke of luck!

See what I mean!


The rest of the day was spent at the pool and a bit of packing.  The good thing was - this vacation was only half way done, we would be going back to Atlanta tomorrow to Roxanne and Adarsh's to see how Atlanta has changed (well, for me anyway).

One of the few pictures of Alan and me together on this trip

And to top it off - the Billy Bowlegs Parade!  This is the first time I have been able to enjoy a bit of Billy Bowlegs since moving away.  It used to start the day we left Steamboat Landing, but they must have realized they could stretch it out and get more people involved. Glad they did too, it was a fun parade - complete with Mardi Gras beads! 



Our Pirate loot!!

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Life on the Mississippi



No comments:

Post a Comment