Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just Another Day in Paradise


Another 'late' blog, but Adarsh has saved the day again and helped me solve the problem!  Even with his help, I have continued to struggle with this, especially getting the photos to publish.  Am soldiering on and will publish this and see what happens!


We started the day the perfect way - at the beach!    This is the beach I spent most of my time at. "Back then" it was called 'wayside beach' and only had a parking lot. Now it is called Boardwalk and has gift shops, eating places and bars, plus a great beach.


Alan and I also enjoy the pier - for only $2 you can walk along and see things you might not want to see-like the sharks swimming so close to public areas.  But it is fascinating and I would recommend it to anyone.
I only require an hour 'beach fix' which worked out well today since we were supposed to meet my nephew and his family for lunch!  We had arranged to meet at Fisherman's Wharf, but in my head I was going to the Lucky Snapper.  When we arrived at the harbour, I discovered not only was this NOT Fisherman's Wharf, but it was also NOT the Lucky Snapper anymore! Still got to the correct place in time.    We had only met Bobby's son Zach, at his christening 3 years ago.  But we have spoken to him on Skype, so I don't think he felt we were complete strangers.  He was precious and seemed to enjoy his time with us.  I also really enjoyed spending time with Misty since I have never really gotten to know her.  Again, I just feel lucky to have such wonderful nieces and nephews who seem to also enjoy spending time with us!



After lunch, we meandered along the harbor and discovered a bull shark that had just been caught, weighing 453 pounds, and was at least 8 feet long.  I was afraid to ask exactly where the guy had caught him!
                                              

After this, we did a bit of shopping on the way home, had a drink at the local brewery and called it a day.  A very good day.


                                             "One can think of life after the fish is in the canoe".   Hawaian saying

No comments:

Post a Comment