Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Get Set"


All the last minute dotting of i's and crossing of t's.  Having people stay in your home while you are away is a bit daunting.  We do try to leave the house in a way we would like to return, but now it has to be "company ready".  Not a bad thing, especially since we are packed so early. So there should not be a huge panic the night before we go.

However, there is a huge panic with my work!  Since April and getting a new contract, I have been run off my feet.  I have a huge backlog of complaint letters to write for clients and no way to finish these before I go.  Then when I get back, I have other obligations that will take me to another week or two before I can start catching up again. Ok, enough of that, it is starting to upset me.

In saying all that, a colleague came to visit me today from the Edinburgh area.  The way our jobs work, there is really only one person in our role in each Health Board - makes for quite a lonely job sometime.  With this new contract, there are new reporting requirements and she just wanted to touch base that she was doing it right.  Or, if not right, then the same way as me!!  Poor thing drove for 2 hours to get to my office in Saltcoats. But she had never been to the West Coast of Scotland before and, as happens so often, this part of Scotland was absolutely beautiful.  Bright sun and gorgeous landscapes.  For lunch, I drove her to Cechini's in Ardrossan and she got a great look at Arran and the beaches.  Scotland does not get any prettier than on a sunny day!  Sitting at Cechini's with the sailing boats and sunshine was a great reward for her long drive. And she is now inspired to spend more time on this side of Scotland, including the Isle of Arran. 

Arran


I might be really busy at work, but the boost of having a colleague visit, a nice long lunch and relaxed conversation was worth the extra effort needed to get me through the rest of this week!


From contentment with little comes happiness - African proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment