Monday, May 14, 2012

"On your mark"

For the first time in my life, I am packed and ready to go, not even one day early - but 4plus days early!!  How is this possible?  Alan is convinced it is because we have the extra room to pack as and when we think about things, I think he has something there.  But I could leave tomorrow. This is not good for keeping my head around work.  Like now, I should be doing work things, not starting a new blog entry!

In some ways, I am afraid this vacation will not be the idyll on the beach that I require.  I have loaded the days with meetings with friends and family and obligations - like swimming with dolphins.  Nice obligations, but I am a bit concerned that I have limited my shopping and beach time.  We won't know the answer to this for another few weeks though.

I am very lucky to have some wonderful friends.  One of them is Sue, who is staying over at our house while we are gone so our dog, Bailey, does not have to go into the kennel.  (with older kids in the house, Bailey didn't need to go into the kennels much and is now too old to adjust to this lack of comfort! ) I am so grateful to Sue for doing this for us.  My Mom will also be here, but she can't really take care of Bailey.  But she also enjoys Sue's company so it is good for her too.

This is the life Bailey is used to

Sue came over tonight to talk about the stay and learn about how the boiler works, get phone numbers and all that. She has stayed here before - to keep Mom company that time!  But it is good to have a reminder and update phone numbers, etc.

Sue is also planning to spend the Jubilee day with Mom.   That is my one true regret about the timing of this trip.  I would love to be able to spend the day here, like Sue, Mom and I did for William and Catherine's wedding.  I love the pomp and circumstance of these Royal events and it can't get any bigger than the Golden Jubilee.  I had worried that Mom would be home alone and sort of neglected with everyone else having a fantastic day.  So I was very pleased to hear they will celebrate this day together.  Plus Sue has a friend coming from Ireland for a visit and she is staying here too! So it will be a busy and fun place while we are gone.


Celebrating the Royal Wedding last year

I still have 4 working days left, so I should really just go to bed now.

Good night!

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."  Unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment